HILLMAN ENGINEERING IS YOUR TURN KEY SOLUTION TO THE 40 YEAR INSPECTION
Our South Florida Marine environment can be very corrosive. Unprotected steel and concrete reinforcement are very subjective to the corrosion. Most 40 year old buildings will have some degree of necessary Concrete Restoration required to pass the inspection. Hillman Engineering is very experienced with concrete restoration projects. We typically have 10-15 concrete restoration projects ongoing at any time. We specialize in this type of work and have many satisfied clients for your reference.
The 40 year and older Building Safety Inspection Program was created in 2005 and has become effective throughout Broward County in January 2006. Modeled after Miami-Dade County’s program, which was established in the mid 1970s, Broward’s program calls for structural and electrical safety inspections for buildings 40 years old or older and every ten years thereafter. One and two family dwellings, U.S Government, State of Florida buildings, schools under the jurisdiction of the B.C. School Board, and buildings built on Indian Reservations are exempt from this program. Miami-Dade County’s effort exempts other buildings under 2,000 square feet while the Broward program excludes all buildings under 3,500 square feet. Both Counties have had instances of structural building failures. By having such a program in effect we are minimalizing the possibilities of future building failure and will be better prepared for hurricane winds.
- Cracked Concrete
- Rust Rebar
- Concrete Erosion
3 PHASES TO COVER ALL YOUR NEEDS
- Phase I Initial Inspection
- Hillman Engineering will conduct the inspection as per the guidelines and provide a written engineering report on our findings. This report will identify all deficient items that need to be corrected to pass the inspection. These inspections will include interior inspection of the of the units of the building. The firm will visually examine all of the Electrical Elements of your buildings and prepare the Electrical portion(s) of the 40-year Re-certification report with our findings. The structural inspections cover all the structural components of your building including beams, columns and decks of parking garages, plaza decks, pools, balconies catwalks, and roofing assemblies.
- Phase II Design
- Hillman Engineering will prepare a complete set of construction documents including plans and specifications with a cost estimate and bid tabulations. In addition the firm will prepare the bid documents to obtain bids from qualified contractors for the necessary work to bring the building(s) into compliance for the 40-year recertification. The firm will assist the Board of Directors in acquiring & evaluating competitive bids for the necessary repairs.
- Phase III Construction Management
- Hillman Engineering will be the Engineer of Record for the project(s) and provide the Building Department required daily ongoing observations during the reconstruction to assure quality work and adherence to the plans, specifications and code requirements. We will conduct weekly meetings with the contractor and the building’s representitive to update construction schedules and budgetary issues.