Construction Engineer Inspector
HILLMAN ENGINEERING JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Construction Engineer Inspector
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
The inspector will be primarily responsible for overseeing the day to day contractor’s execution of the requirements of the Construction Contract, with guidance from the Construction Manager. He/she is instrumental in assuring and documenting that the work in the field is in compliance with the requirements of the contract and the expectations of the client. He/she serves as the primary point of contact with the contractor’s field staff for the Construction Manager. Represents the firm to the construction project group and has ultimate responsibility for the team’s performance on the project.
- Provide single-point field coordination for the Work Package assigned representing the Construction Manager in the field.
- Assist project Engineer with design of structures including preliminary deficiency takeoffs.
- Research requirements for structural design projects, preparing Agency permit submittals.
- Conduct field observations as part of investigative work required for consulting efforts.
- Perform field inspection and reporting required for verification of conformance with construction documents.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on establishing plans to achieve goals or schedules set by the client.
- Participate as an active member of a project team and be able to work independently.
- Demonstrate interpersonal/communication skills with motivation and an eagerness to learn.
- On a daily basis, monitor and record all work performed by the contractor and prepare a comprehensive Daily Report with measurement of daily quantities completed and resources utilized.
- Identify and record any construction issues potentially resulting in a scope, time or cost impact to the work which may result in a change to the contract; call these issues to the Construction Manager’s attention and provide support as requested to analyze and resolve them.
- Monitor the contractor’s maintenance of master As-built drawing information, and advise the contractor and Construction Manager when this information is not being collected and documented per the contract requirements.
- Plan and coordinate all owner provided field testing and inspections, and witness and document contractor provided field testing and inspections, in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Document the contractor’s daily compliance and non-compliance with established quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Monitor the contractor’s compliance with contractual safety requirements, and document and report deviations from those requirements.
- Prepare written reports documenting QA/QC inspections, non-compliance notices, corrective actions, and safety concerns.
- Assist the Construction Manager when requested in collating materials for contract close-out.
- Participate in constructability reviews for new projects as requested.
- Assist in the development of project specific quality control and assurance documents and standards for projects that are under development.
Requirements of the position:
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- EI, PE or licensing eligibility is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience of Structural Consulting Engineering/Design experience preferred
- General Contractors License may be substituted for the above
- $55,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year