Hillman Engineering Job Opportunities
Back To Careers
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in commercial construction as a Project Manager.
They must be computer literate, possess the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, efficiently, accurately, on schedule, within budget, and with a high degree of quality. Knowledge of a variety of construction standards, methods, and procedures is required. Must be dependable with a stable work history, and have exceptional communication and organizational skills. Must have great business judgment, strong organizational skills, strong multi-tasking skills, Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to make decision. Must be able to work in a fast paced, time sensitive, team environment. Essential Duties:
- Provide initial construction budgets for analysis and provide periodic budget updates as progress reports for each project.
- Prepare initial schedules for each tenant or phase of construction and input into master project schedule
- Assist development team in procuring permits and approvals from local authorities.
- Work with staff engineers to formalize construction documents.
- Facilitate the bidding process, receive qualified bids, and prepare a bid summary analysis for review.
- Review and/or prepare AIA form construction contracts in coordination with team.
- Hire project related testing companies and notify contractor of contacts. Review all testing for compliance.
- Coordinate on-site pre-construction meetings with contractors.
- Provide construction administration throughout the construction process, including problem resolution and dealing with the day to day issues of the construction process.
- Manage the bank inspector relationship, construction draw request correspondence and schedule as required.
- Maintain project schedules
- Review all Requests for Change Orders and prepare Change Orders for Director approval.
- Provide periodic project inspections including pre-construction meetings.
- Maintain on-going relationships with contractor and other related parties.
- Review and approve consultant invoices, including architect, engineers, testing, and special inspectors.
- Review Pay Applications for accuracy and percent complete.
- Coordinate for punch list inspection and follow up to assure punch list is timely completed and notifications are processed.
- BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the management of construction projects
- Experience in managing design consultants (architectural, MEP, civil engineering, geotechnical, landscaping, traffic, etc.), managing general contractors and complete budgetary oversight.
- Ability to comprehend complex construction drawings and AIA Contracts
- Must be available to work varying & flexible hours.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Project.
- Must be highly trustworthy and able to handle confidential and sensitive financial and transactional information appropriately.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external customers and contractors both verbally and in writing in English.
- Qualified candidates must possess exemplary leadership skills and be highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision in a multi-task, dynamic, team environment.
- Must possess strong quantitative, problem-solving skills and time-management skills.
- Manage electronic project management application PROCORE
- Responsible for any and all daily management aspects on the construction project and/or business unit.
- Monitor progress relative to the Critical Path Method (CPM) Project Schedule and design/construction scheduling.
- Monitor and inspect the workmanship, construction materials and installation of systems of the project.
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Ensure that all projects are designed and carried out on time, within budget and in compliance with applicable building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Conduct periodic visits to worksites and report on project progress
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors and engineers
- $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year